Kayas is currently running the highly successful Summer Student Job program for another year! With help from a grant from Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) Kayas subsidizes full time wages to allow local employers to hire high school or post secondary students during the summer.
The SJS program is a great opportunity for students to get their first real job experience, everything from resume and cover letter writing to experiencing jokes about workplaces need extra coffee on Monday mornings to earning their first pay cheque.
Interviews take place this week in John D’or Prairie and Garden River. Interviews for Fox Lake are scheduled for next Monday.
If you’ve sent in a complete application and have yet to schedule an interview, please get in contact with your local Kayas as soon as possible.
Applications for the Summer Student Work Program, facilitated by Kayas Cultural College, are now open until May 31st, 2017. Interested students are invited to apply now for work over the 2017 summer break.
- Currently attending High School or a registered Post-Secondary program
- Between the ages of 15-30
- Residing in John D’or Prairie, Fox Lake, or Garden River for Summer 2017
How to apply:
- Fill out the online application
- Bring the following documents into your local Kayas:
- Cover Letter
- Teacher reference letter
- Grades and attendance (High School only)
- Stay tuned for interviews to take place in early June! For more information, call Kayas at (780) 759-2034 or email email@example.com
Update: Applications are now closed. Thank you to all who applied